[Springboard] {Spam?} Re: So. we are started

clingojr at aol.com clingojr at aol.com
Sun Dec 2 11:01:37 EST 2007

 Thank you jim for setting the questions out for all of us.

The call is to love god and neighbor as I take responsibility for myself.? I think that is the task. That is also the accountability.
But ' what'? is doing that to me is your question.?
I am being asked to stop being so busy, to calm down a little bit, find out how much I need to be at rest, and then maybe begin to heal, by working through the ongoing contradictions of my own life, such as mean-spiritedness, confusion over where to actually channel my energy to relieve somebody's suffering, and indecision over with whom I, actually, will be willing to work.
I find myself hesitantly working with two guys i reside with in this Mindfulness Practice Center of Atlanta, a former Order Ecumenical Religious House.? We are engaged in hosting weekly events.? I am associated with the core community of the Order of Interbeing?inspired by Thich Nhat Hanh and a local Buddhist sangha.? I sometimes teach with a group of psychosynthesis colleagues where I focus again and again on the wisdom of loving unconditionally and forgiving consistently. I serve on two local boards and on two national boards. I have hope for and inherent solidity with, but no current membership in, the christian church.? I include my family, ex-spouse, children and grandchildren and friends in all of the above as much as possible.
I'm sure god expects me to be like Jonah and keep getting vomited up in some place where I am supposed to be, however deeply resisting, .? As for everyone else, a supportive friend and family member, a social relic of the 1960's, a christian and a buddhist, a colleagially trained teacher, an access to financial resources, a racist resistor, and a passionate lover, I wish.
The forms being created are in kaleidoscopic motion and practically formless, subject to the willingness to participate in them.?  In the human heart, form may take the shape of glimpses of one's own and of other's holiness when one has been touched by the sources of life and has had the capacity to respond. This is not an invention, but a renewal.? A smile for the addicted diseased self deceived beligerent ignorant fear-filled greedily craving of our time is but a formal entrance into engagement in transforming the suffering of ourselves and others. Other sustained engagement in healing the political impolitic, the economic disorder, the cultural cutoffness from nature, however personally grounding and meaningful, is also revealing of its fleeting impact and effect.? Yet, our 'yes' and our 'no' needs to be given deliberately and concretely.?
Will I, will we, be willing to accept the decision to be at peace with doing the best we can?? And then to get on with it?
My gratitude to all of you there and for the personal contributions it has taken to bring the opportunity for a corporate consciousness of a common journey to manifest itself on this weekend.
Grace and Peace,
Charles Lingo
the eleventh hour of sunday december 2, 2007