[Springboard] {Spam?} Anne Neal's report on Nino's visit to Denver

dpelliott at aol.com dpelliott at aol.com
Sun Dec 2 11:14:41 EST 2007

This is Anne Neal's report on Nino's visit to Denver.? Nino has made amazing progress in the healing process, with Denver, and with the ToP network, this week.? Amazing.

Anne,

I am forwarding your report to this Springboard group I am meeting with in N.C.? I have extended Nino's? invitation to? them to meet in Chicago for their next meeting, and they are going to see if that is a practical thing to do.? Hotel rooms are expensive and not in proximity to the Kemper building.? They are especially appreciative to the Denver group for hosting their first meeting.

Don

Hi Team:

?

Thank you all for attending our luncheon to welcome
Nino and thanks to those of you who could attend the dinner.? He was very impressed with our turn-out
and with our team and appreciated our hospitality.?

?

Many thanks to Don for making this possible - it was
his idea, he made the arrangements, picked up Nino from the airport, and
provided the opportunity for us to meet him and talk with him.?

?

Special thanks to Carl for guiding us with Desmond
Tutu's thoughts on forgiveness, Catherine for leading the after-lunch
conversation and involving Jim, Bob, and Sunny in the overview of what we've
been doing and for helping with the dishes and other clean-up, Ruth for making
the effort to be with us and contributing to the conversation, Sunny for
picking up lunch and handling the money, Ann and John for setting up the room
and bringing the delicious salad, Bob for picking up the birthday cake (also
delicious) and the beautiful flowers, Shirley for bringing the birthday cards
and circulating them for comments and signatures, Ann and all others on the clean
-up crew for washing dishes and cleaning up (great job), Eric for pitching in
wherever needed, OliveAnn and Jim for supporting the team and providing a donation,
Clarence and Shirley for hosting Nino's stay in their guest room, Catherine and
Eric for helping Ruth with transportation (and Jim for being willing to do so),
and everyone for contributing to our consciousness-building conversation prior
to Nino's arrival.? It was a team
effort and I loved it all.

?

My breakfast with Nino went well.? He said the overall feeling he got from
our group is that we want to be the Denver office of the Institute of Cultural
Affairs at some point in the future.?
I clarified that Don's vision is for us to be connected but financially
responsible for ourselves and that my highest aspiration is to have healthy
roots and healthy branches, full of blossoms.? However, we would only want a close (legal)
tie if ICA-USA becomes functional and we could develop a mutually beneficial
relationship with open lines of communication.? He agreed these are the givens.

?

At one point Nino was talking about people mis-using
the ICA-USA name.? I asked him if
ICA-USA thinks the Denver group is mis-using its name.? He said yes, however they are
sanctioning our use of the initials since we've been using them in good faith
and have a spirit of reuniting with ICA-USA under a yet-to-be-determined
business model.? I got the
impression they are going to issue cease and desist orders
to people like the guy in China and others that may be mis-using the name and
copyright.

?

I told him of my concern that the new National Program
Director is an attorney and not a marketer by training and experience.? As Bob pointed, many lawyers can be quite
adversarial.? I asked if we should
be nervous about this.? He said he
hired her because they share the same values and she will be working with him
to open the organization, gain top-of-mind market presence, and create internal
stability.? He said she's not
contentious.? We'll find out soon as
she may be visiting us in January.?
Their vision is to roll-out a national program and have
facilitators/trainers around the country to deliver it.? He sees our Denver group as a potential
service provider/leader in this effort.?

?

In a previous funding conversation, Bob and I talked
about the possibility of seeking government contracts and even perhaps federal
funding.? I asked Nino if the MOBIS
status (pre-approved vendor) is something we might be able to use in collaboration
with ICA-USA and he said "yes, definitely."? We'll have to see if this evolves into a
reality, but it is nice to know the intention is there.

?

It's nice to know Nino is there.

?

Hope you have a great weekend.