[Springboard] David's 30" meditation from Springboard III - Junaluska

David Dunn david at mirrorcommunication.com
Tue Dec 4 22:28:10 EST 2007

WHAT IS CALLING ME FORTH?
a. Half a dozen colleagues ranging from former ICA staff members, local
volunteers, fellow members of the Spiritual Direction Colorado committee on
which I serve, and my spiritual director‹all people who strike me as
vocated, touched by the Mystery-at-work-in-the-world, but without names for
what they experience or a movement with which to identify.
b. Boulding¹s insights about images and messages, Kierkegaard¹s insight
about the self as a relationship, Ignatius Loyola¹s insights about
imagination and movements as the basis for exploring one¹s relationship with
the Mysterious Power, and my discovery of Jesus as a partner-in-mission and
a faithful friend. Everything that I experience or think lights up my life
as a relationship with Spirit.
c. Two women and the young adults at church who are clearly very, very
thirsty for a chance to ground the symbols of faith in life experience
rather than intellectual concepts.
d. The gap between the church and the world and a vision of an order of
secular religious.
e. The more I do design and publishing, the more I am drawn to beauty and
clarity. The more I strive for beauty and clarity in my work and the world,
the more I am shoved and drawn, heart-first, to teaching and writing about
spirit and the religious life.

WHO ELSE DO YOU WORK WITH?
a. Spiritual Direction Colorado (promoting awareness of the spiritual
journey and spiritual companioning: web site and desktop publishing).
b. Institute for Consensus Action (ICA Denver-partner with ICA USA--desktop
publishing and technical support; ToP mentor trainer)
c. International Consultants and Associates (editing, design and desktop
publishing re HIV/AIDS work in Africa, etc.).
d. Process Consulting Company, Moscow (editing and project support related
to program evaluation in the Former Soviet Union).
e. U.S. clients (editing and editorial consultation, writing, graphic
design, desktop publishing).
f. M. Susan Brown (poetry for librettos for a Denver-area composer of sacred
music).

WHAT ARE THEY EXPECTING OF ME?
Concise, clear English; collaborative style, depth listening, probing for
unexpressed insight; translating dreams into concrete reality; Elegant
design, craftsmanship with a generous heart; provocative questions and
insights that enter uncharted territory.

WHAT IS THE FORM WE ARE COLLECTIVELY MOLDING?
A ³collaborative, grassroots Œpanchayat¹²; a non-sectarian order of secular
religious; a network of soul companions and spirit mentors.

David

--
David Dunn
www.mirrorcommunication.com
david at mirrorcommunication.com
720-314-5991
Skype: dmirror

-- THANKS FOR UPDATING MY EMAIL ADDRESS --