[Springboard] On the contradictions

David Scott mardavscott at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 12:37:09 EST 2007

John,
david scott here --

It was good to hear your voice, for a few seconds, this week-end.  I hope
things go well for you and Ann.

Your comments regarding the "life and work" contradictions certainly strikes
a chord with me (and I believe my students, also).  You might want to go
back to Marx's dealing with "alienation from work>"  For Marx this was a
particularly important fact of the industrial age (modern age).  If you
don't have your Marx handy, I'll be happy to send you a bit from the text
book I use.

I hope some day you and I get to be together for a while.  Any chance you
getting to Montana?  Give my best to Ann.

david

By the way -- this is under "very small world" -- the last time I was in SC
to visit my sister, I met a retired forest service guy who was a UofG grad.
We began to talk and guess what?  he was at Benning the same summer you and
I were there.  It truly is a small world.