[Springboard] Is this an example of "guild" or "order/league"??

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 16:44:40 EST 2007

I got the story from Hildy Gottlieb.  this is the link -- used the garden in the front yard as a metaphor for being visible, open, making it easy for others to engage in your good work.  For the real solution for ground water, etc.  google earthships in Taos.

  Hello all!
The latest edition of the Community-Driven Institute's newsletter is out.
http://www.help4nonprofits.com/Newsletter/CurrentNewsletter.htm

We hope you find it helpful!

Hildy

John Cock <jpc2025 at triad.rr.com> wrote:
      Jim, do your have the link to the pic, or did I overlook some text?

  Great story. It will at least go to son John who is trying to get past his association's by-laws not to plant anything in the front yard. Our association's by-laws are the same. So, please include an article about how to overturn or counter association by-laws without getting run off or going to jail, at least for long, and with minimal court/lawyer costs. Oh, and how to water such great projects within municipal laws during droughts? We use grey water now for the few veggies we have on the patio and flowers in front. Some are digging wells to keep their yards and flowers beautiful. That's tinkering with the common water table. Wow, what an interdependent universe! So all stories feed into that story, as we're coming to know full well.

  jpc