[Springboard] Fw: preliminary report

nancy nangrow at verizon.net
Fri Dec 14 19:31:04 EST 2007

Jim, thanks for your message which certainly deals with one part of my concern re our work in history. I am sending you our initial reading list, but much more can be added.
    The facts seem to be that civilizations are formed and destroyed by "orders".  We are at a stage where university graduates can no longer spell (tho' when I graduated 3 spelling errors in a paper meant the professor need not read it! or an exam paper.  Spel;ling is a small think until you go to the hospital and are told you don't need to eat after midnight. "Don't need to or should not?"  "Same difference!"
    Much could be commented on the summary you enclosed.  Thank you very much for it.  I think given the huge numbers in known history of collapsed civilizations, one has to consider both the small groups that collapsed it and the small groups that saved many from collapse.  We don't want to be arguing against alcohol when the Titanic goes down. In  the west, Benedictines saved culture and medicine while the Albigensians were destroyed completely.
    I think we need  a worldwide study, not a judgment based on a few hundred years or less.Anyway, we're starting and will include your input. Thanks!
    And merry Christmas!!
        Nan