[Springboard] Something for you for this season . . .

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 21:26:49 EST 2007

Jaimie Leopold (long time colleague, Tucsonian,
friend, ToP trainer and facilitator, mother, etc.) and
I had lunch last week at the Persian Garden cafe on
Thomas Road in Phoenix.  We hadn't seen one another
for a while and so we talked and laughed (and wept a
bit as well) about all kinds of things.  As often
happens in this month, we got thinking about this year
and, since we are both facilitators and both ToP
trained, we started brainstorming ORID questions for
2007, and decided to share them with you, not as a
finished list (or even, necessarily, in the right
order), but as a small gift to you.  Come up with your
own.  Add some.  Send them around.  Use them to
cherish this small and precious year (the only one
we've had these past months)and send it on its way . .

Jim Wiegel

An ORID for 2007 (at least some questions to get you
started)

What are all the things that I experienced, that
happened to me, over this past year?  (Take some time
to review the year.  Go through month by month -- (use
your sticky wall?) and recall many of the different
things that you experienced over these 12 months in
work, in community, in family and/or in the world, in
your lived reality of encounters with actual people
and settings in spaces and in time).  Go through your
calendar, your photos, emails, letters, files to see
what you missed.

What are memorable things people said, or decisions
that were made?
What has happened to those closest to you?
What new thoughts, concepts, books came into your
life?
What global news events have had the most impact?

What added seasoning and spice -- salty, sweet,
bitter, sour, umami
What was your favorite belly laugh on the year?
What were the "seasons" you experienced over 2007:
What were the characteristics of these various seasons
as you see them?  hot, cold, subtle changes, one long
. . .
Where did you experience hope and joy?  darkness and
despair?
Where did you weep?  shout with rage?  dance with
joy?  fall in love? stand with conviction?

What are the roots of your feelings about this year?
What are things you saw or heard in 2007 that are
going to stay with you?  things you have seen in
yourself, in others?
What are your insights on the year?  Which are
important?  Why?
What connections do you see across levels? (between
your personal life and the world, between work and
personal, between nation and family?
What has the journey of this  year been like for you?
What was going on?  What was really going on?
another possible "I" question (from Kathleen Osta) -
how would you characterize this year
using a song or book title? (I love that question)
another one from Kathleen: if you were reading a
synopsis of your year's life events but someone else's
name was plugged in, what would you admire that person
for?

What are ya gonna do in 2008?
What intentions have developed in you / have you
developed as a result?
How will you celebrate?
possible D from Kathleen: What would you like to be
able to say at the end of 2008 about your year? What's
the "one thing" you wanna be able to say is different,
stronger or deeper?

Now its your turn -- what will you add?  leave out?

Enjoy the season,

Jim Wiegel

401 North Beverly Way
Tolleson, Arizona 85353-2401
+1  623-936-8671
+1  623-363-3277
   jfwiegel at yahoo.com
   www.partnersinparticipation.com

Will tomorrow be here soon?  ... of course it will.  Not once has tomorrow not been here, but what about yesterday?  Where is it now?  It will be gone to us . . . like today will be long gone ... When tomorrow comes around.             -- Dodge Chatto 1975