[Springboard] Critical Contradictions

John Cock jpc2025 at triad.rr.com
Mon Nov 12 13:04:18 EST 2007

Right on, William!

  _____

From: springboard-bounces at wedgeblade.net
[mailto:springboard-bounces at wedgeblade.net] On Behalf Of Bill Bailey
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 11:58 AM
To: 'Springboard Dialogue'
Subject: Re: [Springboard] Critical Contradictions

Perhaps, to honor our insight that Symbol is key we could state the central
contradiction as:

Our economic, cultural, and political stories and structure promote,
enhance, and reward a human centered worldview with an anthropomorphic God
figure that promotes and rewards economic, cultural, and political
imperialism rather than structures and spiritualities that support an earth
based community. Until there is a reformulation of the symbol, education and
style systems from its human-centered-worldview to an earth based worldview
there will be no lasting and authentic change.

(Perhaps something like a universal 5th city model based on reformulating
The Political, Economic, Cultural (Education-Symbol-Style) structures and
stories that will change our human-based into earth based worldview)

As Thomas Berry so eloquently puts it, "The historical mission of our time
is to reinvent the human-at the species level, with critical reflection,
within the community of life systems, in a time-developmental context, by
means of story and shared dreams."

Bill Bailey