[Springboard] Clinton chimes in . . .

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 22 08:30:35 EST 2007

Addressing the Slate 60, Bill Clinton laid out his 3 major challenges in the world.  I saw it on CSpan.  Thought to add to the dialogue on contradictions.  Slate 60 is the list of the 60 largest philanthropists in a year -- they get together at the Clinton Library to discuss things . . . their aim is to make philanthropy as well known as the Forbes 400.

  His three:

  Dramatic Inequality of education, access to resources, access to jobs

  Clash of identity as to whether what we have in common as human beings is more important (or not) than what is different (religion, ethnic background, gender, age, class, nationality, etc.)

  Unsustainability of development showing up as population growth, resource depletion and global warming

  One thing Clinton would do?  Launch an NGO in every high school and let the students figure out what to focus it on, how to raise the money, etc.

  (Bill Clinton) “We need to do whatever we can to amplify our impacts and get more people involved in this sort of work, including people that will never be in this group."

401 North Beverly Way
Tolleson, Arizona 85353-2401
+1  623-936-8671
+1  623-363-3277
   jfwiegel at yahoo.com
   www.partnersinparticipation.com

Will tomorrow be here soon?  ... of course it will.  Not once has tomorrow not been here, but what about yesterday?  Where is it now?  It will be gone to us . . . like today will be long gone ... When tomorrow comes around.             -- Dodge Chatto 1975