[Springboard] A Community Portal Guild Example

W. J. synergi at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 00:55:40 EST 2007

Dear Colleagues,

  I am sitting here in deep gratitude for the Grows, their work, and their document. "Shock and awe" would be more accurate, but for the military spin on this state of being.

  It's amazing to me that there are colleagues that you can plug in anywhere, boot them up, and they just start embodying the Order dynamic.

  So let me speak to the document on an intuitive level.

  I'm emboldened by the actuality of the Guild dynamic in York, but I suspect that it will be difficult to transform Guilders into full colleagues until they have a real way to 'get' it, or "experience being 'called'", which historically has happened within the vocated context of "church" that allows an intensification of self-conscious Be-ing through structures such as House Church and Ecclesiola.

  Do we have any 'secular' equivalents that convey the symbolic depth of corporateness that is experienced in the context of the-universal-in-the-particular and the-particular-in-the-universal?

  Which raises the question, what kind of 'spirit[ual] formation' -- to borrow a Roman Catholic term -- do Guilders need to be Guilding? What happens without 'it'? In terms of long-term outcomes?

  I've been living intensely with the witness of the Fifth City movie during the last few months. And I think the golden key is right there in the words out of the mouths of the Fifth City leadership, which is clearly a transformed Guld dynamic that fully 'got' what we were/are about.

  You have to have been through the experiential Fire yourself to 'get' that you need to have colleagues willing to make a life commitment together in order to experience a corporate intensification / transformation of the Guild dynamic.

  Blessings on all as we prepare for Junaluska,

  Marshall Jones

Bill Grow <billgrow at verizon.net> wrote:
          Dear Colleagues,

  Thank you for the stimulating Junaluska preparation discussion.  Here is our two cents worth on the attachment.

  Bill and Nancy Grow
  billgrow at verizon.net
  nangrow at verizon.net