[Springboard] Denver Springboard Gathering News

Marilyn R Crocker marilyncrocker at juno.com
Tue Apr 1 08:46:22 EDT 2008

Hi Jack,

You are accepted, absolved, forgiven!  However, never to sin again (or be
in a state of separation) is theologically impossible!

Actually, your exchange with Joshua prompted me to write a long overdue
response to your pre-Springboard note to me re: the Litibu proposal.  I
have passed it along to Ben and Jon.  I am guessing their current
situations have them financially and vocationally committed in other
directions, but I appreciate your having included them in your thinking.
Karen has just shifted employment to more satisfying work in
environmental law, but at a 75% cut in salary from the big downtown
corporate practice.  Ben continues at Mass. General Hospital, and tries
to commit part of each annual vacation to pro bono work in Malawi with
Jon and Jenna (now in their 2nd year with the Partners In Health
project.)  It sounds as if you are building an interesting new core of
folk as partners in your exciting venture.

  Bill Grow and I had a marvellous weekend rehearsing and then performing
with the 75-voice Yale Alumni Chorus at its Choral Festival Weekend
Concert.  The program ranged from very demanding selections, like Brahms'
Liebeslieder Walzer (sung in German!) to the more familiar like
Gershwin's Summertime.  It was an extremely meaningful time for me, as I
reconnected with some former chorister colleagues from my college days,
and made many new musician friends.  Over lunch on Saturday Bill and I
raised our Diet Coke cans and offered wishes for "good work" to those of
you gathered in Denver.  I am really looking forward to reading the
Springboard Denver II reports when they are posted.

Hugs to you and Judy -- and, I must admit, it is with at least a modicum
of envy I envision you looking out on the warm Pacific waters, as we yet
behold 7 foot drifts right up to the windowsill of my office and many,
many feet of snow everywhere in general.

Love,

Marilyn

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 05:49:20 -0600 Jack Gilles <icabombay at igc.org> writes:
> To all colleagues,
>
> Sorry for the personal note reply not meant for all of you.  I
> committed the cardinal sin of list serves and forgot to check the
> incoming address.  I repent and confess that it was partly do to the
> 5
> AM nature of the reading.  I promise not to sin again!
>
> Jack

Marilyn R. Crocker, Ed.D
Crocker & Associates, Inc.
123 Sanborn Road