[Springboard] Salmon Denver Springboard Gathering News

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 13:07:07 EDT 2008

Was John ever, really fully TRANSPOSED?  John Epps, I mean . . .

Marilyn R Crocker <marilyncrocker at juno.com> wrote:      Dear Bill (Salmon) and Jim (Wiegel),

  As I recall things back when I was assigned to Research Centrum, the work of transposing John (plus the development of a study guide) was done by John Epps and Bill and Nan Grow for use by Bishop Jim, initially with his UMC District Superintendents when he was Bishop serving in the DC Area, and probably later, with pastors throughout the districts.  It may have been that the Grows and Epps actually provided the initial training in the methods, I can't recall.

  Bill and Nan, might you weigh in on this?  I know that a number of Joe Crocker's UMC colleagues from New England, who later became highly placed in the UMC hierarchy, have spoken enthusiastically over the decades to Joe and me about the value of this profound curriculum, as well as many other EI constructs offered to the wider connectional system through Bishop Jim, both here in New England and in his other Episcopacies.

  I'm thinking this falls into the category of "What God Has Wrought."

  Grace and peace,

  Marilyn

Marilyn R. Crocker, Ed.D
Crocker & Associates, Inc.