[Springboard] Web Page Financing

Jack Gilles icabombay at igc.org
Tue Apr 29 14:11:42 EDT 2008

Dear Colleagues,

A small team of people have been working on designing our web page for
the Springboard group so that we won't have to rely on the Repository
site for hosting event reports, discussions and research.  The site
will be very user friendly and will allow for several levels of
participation.  The work is being led by David Dunn.  We are pleased
to announce that the cost will be considerably less than we first
estimated because of the use of available web site sources.  I don't
understand the details, but I'm assured that we will be pleased with
the capability and look of the site.  David will lead the design and
hosting of the site.  However, there will be some cost.  We estimate
that $2,500 will get us what we need and will allow David to devote
the time necessary to getting it up and running.  Since we have well
over 100 people (not including couples) who presently are on the list
serve it would mean an average of $25 per member to have us self
finance this.  Some of us can give more and some less, so we would ask
each of you to do something as part of the commitment to be part of
the Springboard group.  If we raise more than what we need we will
keep it for group decisions regarding other funding needs like travel
pool, research, or perhaps Resurgent Publishing.

We don't have a tax deduction capacity established so checks will need
to be made out directly to David Dunn and sent to him at his home
address: David Dunn, 740 S. Alton Way, 9B Denver, CO 80247.  We are
hoping there will be at least 10 people who can give $100 or more so
that we can be assured that we reach the amount we need.  David will
keep us informed as to what has come in.  Might I suggest that you
communicate directly with him regarding the amount you intend to send
so that he can get a feel for what is going to be available.  <david at mirrorcommunication.com
 >.

Thanks to all of you.

Jack Gilles