[Springboard] song going round in my head

Marilyn R Crocker marilyncrocker at juno.com
Tue Aug 12 11:27:20 EDT 2008

Hi All,

Yes, the author of the poetry was, indeed, Russ Campbell.  In 1970 Joe, I
and our infant twins were assigned to the first floor bedroom of the
Sydney House, right next to the collegium room.  Russ would spend many
late evenings/early mornings lying on the floor, under the collegium room
table, with Ode to Joy playing very audibly as he composed the verses.
Now that I think about it, that collegium table invited all kinds of
unusual activity -- it was the one on which Brian Stanfield danced wildly
to the music of Zorba.

Marilyn

Marilyn R. Crocker, Ed.D
Crocker & Associates, Inc.