[Springboard] song going round in my head

David Walters walters at alaweb.com
Tue Aug 12 11:47:37 EDT 2008

My memory is that this song was one of four songs written on the 4x4 format.
The lad who wrote them was a particular favorite of Joe Mathews. But when he
broke the little rule that Joe had about the possession of a certain leafy
substance, he had to go, which  generally meant leave - period. Given Joe's
fondness for him, reassigned him to some lonely place by himself in the
Pacific somewhere. Joe made sure he was delivered enough food to eat and the
Prior's packet and any of the latest transcribed collegiums papers. One day
Joe received an envelope with the four songs in it. I can't recall his name,
but Joe always called him Gathama (I'm not sure of my spelling).

Two of the other songs were Poverty, based on the book we studied about St.
Francis to a Brahms's tune The other was Contemplation to the tune Midnight
in Moscow. I can't remember the 4th song

David Walters
Subject: Re: [Springboard] song going round in my head