[Springboard] Salmon: Location for the next meeting

W. J. synergi at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 22:30:40 EST 2008

I swear I seem to be reliving my personal history here. OK, here goes: forty years ago I was a postgrad seminary intern at Hinton Rural Life Center, 2.5 hours due north of ATL, 2 hours west of AVL, and 2 hours east of CHA. I was there the day Dr. King was shot, and as a result decided to move to 3444 Congress Pkwy, Chicago IL.

  But meanwhile Hinton Center has enlarged its facilities. Here they are: http://www.hintoncenter.org/accommodations/

  Another underutilized United Methodist mission agency facility. Maybe because I left. Maybe that's why I left. Who knows. Anyway, I'm sure they're available @ a verrry reasonable rate. The fireplace burns real logs. And the down-home cookin' is done on-site, so I wouldn't have to handle it myself. I'm sure they have at least one video projector. Don't know about the wi-fi and satellite hookup though. It's REALLY rural.

  Marshall Jones

Bill Salmon <wsalmon at cox.net> wrote:
  The United Methodist Church has another "Jurisdictional Camp" at Mt.
Sequoyah in Fayetteville, AK.
10050 NW Skyline Drive
Fayetteville, AK 72701
1-497, 443-4531
www.MountSequoyah.org
This camp is not as large as Junaluska, but the facilities are more than
adequate.
Pastor Bill