[Springboard] Operationalizing the 4 levels

R Williams rcwmbw at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 19 12:52:35 EST 2008

Jim,

  These four levels as they apply to ToP facilitators are fascinating.  I have done a similar thing regarding commitment in the workplace that I use with businesses, under the three categories of "job, career, calling."  When  you and Judy visited with me last year I gave you a chart depicting these three levels of work.  I suspect you may not remember or still have this so I am attaching it.  I created it  Carel Draw but have it here in pdf format.  I hope you will be able to open it.

  Randy

James Wiegel <jfwiegel at yahoo.com> wrote:
    Jim Wiegel here.

  I am trying to create a description of the 4 levels we talk about -- occupied to paravocated in a way that people could check which level they are at and therefore you could figure out how to care accordingly.  In the example below, I am considering the 15,000 or so ToP trained people in the US sort of as my "guild" or "guild network" and trying to come up with indicators re:  what level they are at.  Would appreciate wisdom and additions.

  LEVELS OF INTEREST
  Across the several hundred of us, there are many different kinds and levels of interest between our work / our life and the values and methods of the Technology of Participation.  In addition to understanding the kind of interest you have it will also be helpful to know the level of your interest re:  ToP and facilitation.  Please check the item below that best describes your level of interest in ToP.

  Occupied.  These methods and values are interesting and helpful in my work and life and I like using them as part of my tool kit, especially in my current position

  Engaged.  My experience with ToP has created a significant professional and emotional commitment in me.  I get excited in using them and in seeing what happens / can happen to groups and teams as they move down the road together.  I would like to use ToP more regularly

  Vocated.  My acquaintance with and use of ToP resonates inside me.  Something in ToP is in clear alignment with my heart and my life and touches me at a deeper level.  I see this approach as a significant social innovation that is clearly needed in our time.

  Integrated.  I am deeply fascinated with ToP and find myself integrating ToP values, methods and approaches in many areas of my life. ToP and facilitation will be part of what I do long beyond my current work.  I look for ways to develop ToP consciousness in others

401 North Beverly Way
Tolleson, Arizona 85353-2401
+1 623-936-8671
+1 623-363-3277
jfwiegel at yahoo.com
www.partnersinparticipation.com

Strangely enough, this is the past that somebody in the future is longing to go back to. Ashleigh Brilliant