[Springboard] David's informal fact finding trip to Chicago

David Dunn dmdunn1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 20:56:22 EDT 2008

Hello Colleagues,

I've been listening and learning about the ICA's intentions for the global
archives in Chicago‹conversations with Betty Pesek, Don Elliott, Doug
Druckenmiller, Nino Tillman, and Marge Philbrook. I fly to Chicago tomorrow
to visit with Nino and others. We're doing a little bridge-building here:
hope to have a look at the condition of the files in the basement at 4750
and see what Nino's aims and values are.

Consider helping cover the out-of-pocket costs. One colleague gave me a
Delta travel voucher for $200 and another a check for $100. That handles the
airfare; about $200 more will cover the rental car and my stay at Kemper.

If you're able, write a check to "The Institute for Consensus Action." Mail
it to me at the address below and I'll see that it's deposited in the local
group's tax-deducible account for 'archive-repository-related' projects. Let
me know if you want a receipt for a tax-deductible donation.

I'll report to the Springboard Gathering and the listserv by the end of
March. Colleagues attending the gathering in Denver can decide how to best
to use any remainder above and beyond the cost of this travel.

Beam creative energy toward Chicago this weekend. With appreciationŠ

David

--
David Dunn
Mirror Communication