[Springboard] Announcing the new Springboard Venture Online web site

David Dunn dmdunn1 at gmail.com
Thu May 29 16:11:06 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,

Recent listserv postings have had an energy about them that I'd like to
foment. We now have a very easy to use and highly engaging new web resource
to try out‹Springboard Venture Online. It has very powerful conversation
features that in time might supplement our listserv.

You'll recall that a couple of weeks ago, Jack Gilles mentioned a new
website project and urged people to support the development time needed.
Today I'm inviting you to go see the fruit of the first wave of donations. I
hope that you'll sign up and begin exploring.

Click the link below and you'll be taken to a web page (see the attachment
³signuppage²) where you can sign in and set up a password.

http://springboardventure.ning.com/?xgi=czDjLYJ

When you click "sign up" you'll be taken to a profile page. Add as much
information as you have time to add, scroll to the bottom of the profile,
and click join. That's it.

(Ning.com is the online provider we're using to host our new site.) This
site uses the same kind of technology as MySpace and FaceBook‹so-called
³social networking² sites‹to do very powerful linking and facilitating
connections. Our new Springboard Venture Online site is private; the public
can't see it and doesn't even know that it exists.

It is remarkably user friendly and intuitive, though I'll prepare notes and
how-tos to help people use it to its maximum capacity with a minimum of
learning curve.

Once you've joined and registered, you can invite others. I'll periodically
send an invitation to the listserv inviting people to register.

WHY ENCOURAGE CONVERSATIONS ON THE NEW SITE
Conversations started on the new site are preserved in a form that shows the
"thread" of the conversation. This makes it easier to follow and introduces
some nice new features, like replying to everyone in the conversation or
just to the person who posted a particular comment.

I hope someone will start a new conversation, invite others you'd like to
join you, and experiment with how this works so you can give everyone
feedback on the listserv.

I'm working daily on resources to help you explore and get comfortable with
this new site I'll also prepare some resources that describe some of the
things that we can do that I hope you'll find exciting.

The site's actual web address is:
http://springboardventure.ning.com

Give me feedback on the site or by email to <dmdunn1 at gmail.com>.

David