[Springboard] NO LIMITS TO POWER STUDY: #1 The introduction

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 01:27:41 EST 2008

So, as I understand, Bacevich is saying, in the introduction, that, Americans have a pumped up image of themselves as some how special (American exceptionalism) -- and that collective image has come to mean the freedom to do what we want and to expect that others should want to be like us because we are special.  And that as we operate out of that image, we are assuming more and more imperial pretensions in order to protect that image.  Is that at all correct?

So, 2 questions:  If you were Obama, and you knew this, what would you (could you) do to deal with it?  If you were an ordinary citizen, what would you (could you) do to deal with it?  What social mechanism would you use?

Jim Wiegel

401 North Beverly Way
Tolleson, Arizona 85353-2401
+1 623-936-8671