[Springboard] LIMITS TO POWER: What is the Crisis of Profligacy?

Richard West rwestica at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 15:54:29 EST 2008

>From Dick West - Don't yet have the book, my personal several elements which
point to the crisis of profligacy are

>From Dick West (Now at Japan Conference) 16 Nov 08

* Declaring war on terrorism (inviting retaliation and creating the basis
for "endless" militarism)

* Putting the US in a situation in which excessive personal spending is the
norm

* Talking down to the rest of the world

* Violating our own principles in the name of "necessary" retaliation

* Deregulating in such a way that excesses are virtually encouraged

* Encouraging speculation which leads to destructive risk-taking

I find I could go on and on, discover that I have more emotion around some
arenas than others.

>From Freeonline dictionary:

1. Given over to dissipation; dissolute.

2. Recklessly wasteful; wildly extravagant.

n.  A profligate person; a wastrel.

--
Richard West, ICA Taiwan
3F, No. 12, Lane 5, Tien Mou W Rd