[Springboard] Karen's car

KarenBueno at aol.com KarenBueno at aol.com
Tue Nov 18 19:01:09 EST 2008

But isn't the bottom line of the "Limits of Power" (first half, anyway)  that
we already have way more than we need?  Why would I need any kind of  new
car?  I've read studies that say my care, which gets 33 mpg on the  highway, is
still a less extravagant way to drive.

But beyond that, why on earth is my decision, as one of some 300 million
people, going to make a difference in the way Americans are addicted to
extravagance?  Breaking that cycle of profligacy (which I had to look up in  my
Websters) seems even more impossible than renewing the church.

Karen Bueno

In a message dated 11/18/2008 2:44:36 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,