[Springboard] Global Shift discussion

Marianna Bailey wmbailey at charter.net
Wed Dec 16 14:54:24 CST 2009

Dear Discussion group,

Last evening (Tuesday Dec. 15) we concentrated on Chapter I of  Global Shift (Dick West, Mark Dover, and the Baileys).  The chapter on Global Crisis brought to our consciousness the global distress that plagues human life and the planet. We also talked about the future pain and suffering that is predicted for all life from global warming.However, there are many signs that the world is beginning to wake up. The critical question is will we do it in time? In the mist of this we encounter the call for all of us to move toward creating a new set of values and priorities by which to live. Chapter I exposed us once again to the limits and  possibilities of the future.

Mark Dove gave us a vivid image to pull together our experience of Chapter I.

"For a long time Holy Communion meant nothing to me, but when I heard the words that the broken bread is the brokenness of life which you take into yourself, and the wine represents the call  to engage the injustices of this world the ritual took on meaning."

Important change! The access telephone number has been changed to 712-432-0180

 Jan. 5th is the next call. Have your one sentence ready to read at the beginning! Chapter 2

Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

The Baileys