[Springboard] not to be outdone, I offer up a few thoughts on the Symposium

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 26 09:10:28 CST 2009

Thanks for the reflection, Marshall.  With that and your fine poem for Christmas, you are on a roll!

Also, belatedly, thanks for the fine historical context you did at Janaluska before showing those DVD's.

I liked your extended introduction on "how things really happen".  My guess would be that much more of what happens in our world happens in the way that you describe than according to the story of "wise and courageous institutional leadership, at the helm of an excellent and well organized organization does noble work on financially profitable basis."

I look forward to additional reflections, and would love to meet Maynard Moore, if only to ask him what you and George were like back then.  Anyone have a picture of the three of you in seminary?
 Jim

[Pete Seeger] talks about how important it is to him to get an audience singing along. "I guess it’s kind of a religion with me. Participation: that’s what’s going to save the human race." -- Pete Seeger in The Power of Song

Jim Wiegel
401 North Beverly Way, Tolleson, Arizona 85353-2401
+1 623-936-8671 +1 623-363-3277
jfwiegel at yahoo.com www.partnersinparticipation.com