[Springboard] Salmon: Reflections on Gene Marshall's offering

William Salmon wsalmon at cox.net
Tue Dec 29 13:24:36 CST 2009

    Thanks to Gene Marshall.
    I've given his reflections a quick read and plan to chart it so that I can get at the heart of what he is saying.
    My first impression is an old quotation--perhaps coined by Gene himself--"The church is a whore, but she is my mother." This I affirm with all my being. Damn it, but I curse what she has done to people all her life long and is still doing to the homosexual community, but she also called me into an eternal relationship with my ground of being, nurtured me, gave me freedom to explore the edges and the depth through E.I./ICA, and provided a venue for me to make a witness to what I've discovered about my interior deeps.         Besides all of this she has forgiven my indiscretions, foibles and mistakes; she still loves me in spite of all this.
    Gene is on to something to keep our feet planted in the deeps rather than wading and wonderoing in the shallows.
    More later? Perhaps. Bill Salmon