[Springboard] Hot, Flat, Crowded. Study #5 Wednesday. ch. 15 China

Robert A Griffin ramgriffin at msn.com
Wed Feb 11 13:40:26 EST 2009

Thank you Jim.
I am going to raise an outline of questions for 15 and suggest we forge ahead into 16 as time permits. Bob
 From: jfwiegel at yahoo.comSpringboard: Hot, Flat, Crowded. Study #5 Wednesday. ch. 15 China  Our FIFTH call on Hot, Flat, Crowded will be Tomorrow, Wednesday, February 11 at 6 pm mountain standard time.Dial    269-320-8400  access code 88137[?]# - - that's '269 320 8400'
p. 343 Friedman's "Can Red China Become Green China?"
Griffin's chart title:  As Goes China - So Goes Planet Earth [see p. 344]

1st question - Who on line tonight has been to mainland China in last 10 years?
2nd q. - Who do we know has been there most recently?  I know Ken Rose has taught there ... even a whole school year at a technical college and then students from that school spent time at Rensellear [sp?]

TF begins with HARD SCIENCE/RAW MATH - 344

346 - THE  4 FOCUS ?S FOR THIS CHAPTER

What got China's leaders to move from GDPism to Green GDPism?
Are they moving fast enough?
What role can the US play in supporting China's Green Leap Forward?
By granting more power to the Chinese people so they can protecet their freedom to breathe, will China's Communist Party leadership unleash political forces that will give the C. lpeople much more freedom to speak?
Could this turn out to be the first big democracy movement that stars as an environmental movement?

ca. p. 351 he looks at GOOD NEWS, BAD NEWS, INTERESTING NEWS

 under that - 5 YEAR PLAN GOALS TO 2010

NOTE - GOTTA RUN TO A MEETING...WILL RETURN IN 2 HRS