[Springboard] Jay Antenen, Sr.

Mbtippett2 at aol.com Mbtippett2 at aol.com
Sun Jan 25 16:35:56 EST 2009

Judith and I remember fondly Ann and Jay from our days in the Cleveland
Region, where we gathered frequently with colleagues from the Cincinnati  Metro.
Remember the large  gatherings at the Regional Councils held in various
locations across the  Region?  Or the “Mass Penetrations”  where we would descend
on a town and call on folks whose names were given to us  by their ministers to
recruit them for RSI.  Most often the response would be:  “I wonder why he
gave you my  name!”.  One vivid memory for me was  when I was paired up with the
boy from 5th City that was living with  the Fentons.  The idea was that I
would say something, then throw the conversation over to my partner, who would
pick up on the script and carry it on.  The problem was that every time I
threw the conversation to him, he just  sat there like a stone.  After that  I
knew as I looked around the room when assignments were being made, that the
least verbal person would wind up as my partner!
Another memorable event was the week-long program we had in the summer of
1970 at Mark Dove’s church.  Judith  and I were assigned to EG for the week, ne
ver my favorite job.
I remember Jay as the calm, down-to-earth one when the rest of the group
were floating in a spiritual haze.
Jay and Ann:  You are in our  thoughts and prayers as you face these
challenging days ahead.
Grace, Peace, and Love,
Mike Tippett (and Judith, too, of course)

Picture of us taken at the Golder  Apple Awards in Chicago in Sept. '08, when
our daughter Brooke was honored as on  of 10 finalists for the award for
superior teaching.  We know that lots of  Imaginal Education is used in her
classes, in spite of her referring to her time  as a youth in the Order as "The
Cult"