[Springboard] microentrepreneurship

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 8 07:13:27 CDT 2009

Picking our brains about ICA's
/ ToP microenterprise experiences over the past 40 years?

Cheryl Zaleski is looking for concrete
examples to use for a microcredit program.

Nothing much is coming to my mind.

There is a fellow in Denver (Bob Samples) who has been connected and works with small loans, a couple in  Fort Collins (retired I think) who reworked ICA's old wisdom on community development for an organization called Village Earth (villageearth.org) that included microenterprise.  Jim Troxel did a series of economic development forums in Chicago neighborhoods,   The Oyler's through the Jacobs Foundation did strategic planning for a microcredit organization based in New Mexico.

I am sending this around to see who else may know of experiences.

Jim

SLEEP was a marvelous invention,

but whoever first thought of filling it

with DREAMS was truly inspired.  -- Ashleigh Brilliant

Jim Wiegel

401 North Beverly Way

Tolleson, Arizona 85353-2401

+1  623-936-8671