[Springboard] [Oe List ...] [globaltoptrainers] microentrepreneurship

Janet Sanders jsanders at bconnex.net
Wed Jul 8 21:16:33 CDT 2009

Dear Jim, Larry and Colleagues,

There is only one word I would change in Larry's email.  At the Foundation we have been working with a micro-grant program to support local community initiatives.  After the training program folks could submit a project for funding.  These projects included environmental reforestation, sanitation, economic development, work with youth. agriculture etc.  The response and commitment has been incredible.

The program was launch through the Rob Work Social Artistry Fund.  When Rob retired from the UNDP contribution were made in his name to the Social Artistry program.  He chose to work with ICA Nepal--Tatwa Timsina--on an experimental micro-grant program.

On the trip in April Evelyn and Aziz (ICA Bangladesh Ex Director) were instrumental in bringing the program to Bangladesh colleagues.  We combined the Social Artistry Leadership program with HIV-AID awareness.  We also provided 8 micro-grants to participants who designed their own HIV/AID awareness plans.  Each grant was approximately $10.00 USD.  Aziz is now pulling together those results.

Jan