[Springboard] PROCESS WITHIN THE VALUES FOR THE ARCHIVES

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Sun May 24 12:09:53 EDT 2009

Bill, just "listening" to you, seeing your red hair, smile, Suzanne's smile (better), I get so consumed with raw delight, it is hard to focus on the content of what you are saying -- had the same problem at 5 am collegiums, but it was not delight so much that distracted me.
This is TREMENDOUS.  We could end up with a sort of ICA-pedia -- but also including real people.

It sounds as though you have come upon a marvellous opportunity!!  And, in Oklahoma City.  There has always been something special (in my imagination) about Oklahoma and the work of the Institutes -- galaxy churches, large RS-1's, Indiahoma, that great house, Oklahoma 100 the first town meeting campaign.  Not sure if you know this, the state youth commission facilitated full ToP strategic planning sessions in every county of the state.
I had dinner with Terry Bergdall and Jim Troxel a month or so ago and got them talking about their initial contact with the Institute while in high school and college.
Anyway, all the past. Thunderbird, here in Arizona, one of the top international business schools in the world, also works to commit their students to a sustainable future through projects and commitments.  We have worked with people in Yavapai county (north of here) on Community Forums and stuff and they have developed a partnership with Prescott College which has similar values.  That is to say, you may have opened a door to more than an isolated opportunity, to an opportunity grounded into a broader trend.
A good way, perhaps, to pay back the Methodist for all those special assignments over the years.
And the intentional community part -- I flashed to the opening of the movie, "Little Big Man" where Dustin Hoffman, made up with wrinkles on wrinkles, points to the tape recorder and says to the anthropologist, "Turn that thing on!  My name is Jack Crab. I am the sole surviver . . ."
Judy and I now have almost 80 interviews with colleagues that retell, from this time and in a personal voice, the stories of what happened.  I just uploaded a video clip of Fred Lanphear explaining the questions we asked one another to celebrate birthdays.

All this is a long way to say you are making my days.  Thanks.

Jim Wiegel

If anyone tells you something strange about the world, something you had never heard before, do not laugh but listen attentively; make him repeat it, make him explain it; no doubt there is something there worth taking hold of.  --  Georges Duhamel.

401 North Beverly Way

Tolleson, Arizona 85353-2401

+1  623-936-8671

+1  623-363-3277