[Springboard] ICA-USA on the move!

Sandra/Bob True icatrue at igc.org
Thu Nov 19 16:15:48 CST 2009

Greetings,

The Board of Directors of ICA-USA had a very fine meeting in Chicago this
past weekend. A plan for 2010 was presented by the staff and we were pleased
to find it built on proposals from the Strategic Planning Retreat last May.
We found this plan to be a good one that takes into account our real
situation while also being ambitious in its focus on transformative
initiatives. I wish to call attention to major decisions made about our
leadership.

We elected new Board members and reached a decision about filling our senior
staff position now renamed as "Chief Executive Officer" (CEO).

Terry Bergdall has been appointed to serve as CEO and will no longer be
playing an "acting" or "interim" role. Five new members were added to the
Board. These are Elsa Batica, Alan Gammel, Larry Loeppke, Danny Mittleman,
and Randy Williams. They join six current members:  Ken Gilbert, Cheryl
Kartes (Secretary), David Scott, Karen Snyder (Treasurer), Sandra True (Vice
Chair), and myself, Doug Druckenmiller (Chair). The ICA-USA website will
soon be updated with bio information about all of the Board members.

2010 Arenas of ACTIVITY

Greening and Programming the ICA Center

Leed's Certified Core & Shell Building

Community Technology Center

Green-Teens Advocate Program

Green Culture at 4750

Leveraging Capitol Improvements

Creating a "Chamber of Nonprofits"

Beckoning Colleague Engagement

Global Archives Project

International Engagement Stream

Profound Journey Dialogue

Enhancement of ICA-USA Website and Communication Technologies

Sojourn and Internships

Nurturing Networks and Collaboration

ToP Training Network Partnership

Regional Collaborations

ICA Living Archives at OCU-OIKOS

Learning Basket, First 5 LA

Youth Facilitative Leaders

Large Consulting Contracts

I personally am looking forward to the coming year with great anticipation.
I look forward to sharing the road with many of you in the course of the
journey.

Doug Druckenmiller