[Springboard] New Springboard Study "Everything Must Change"

Ellen & David Rebstock grapevin2 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 11:34:58 CDT 2009

This week Tuesday we are starting a book by Brian McLaren- "Everything Must
Change -- Jesus, Global Crises, and a Revolution of Hope"
McLaren says that Jesus message of hope is an invitation to both personal
and global transformation.  It is a radical challenge to the underlying
stories that drive our suicidal systems--social, economic, and political.
It invites us to imagine what would happen:
-  If people of faith moved beyond political polarization and a few
hot-button issues to the deeper questions nobody is asking.
-  If the world's leading nations spent less on weapons and more on
peace-making,, poverty-alleviation, and creation-care
-  If a renewed understanding of Jesus and his message sparked a profound
spiritual awakening in a global movement of faith, hope, and love.

This is not a "What would Jesus do" book but rather a spiritual book
offering up a fresh vision of what it means to be a person of faith.
Bill Bailey said after reading the first part of the book that "It sends us
back to the things we were discussing in the late sixties and early
seventies in the Ecumentical Institute."
it encourages us to reflect on where we and the world have come to since
that time.

The book has 34 short chapters in 8 Parts. We will discuss the Introduction
and Part 1 on Tuesday September 22 at 5pm Pacific Daylight time. Because the
chapters are short we will try to do two parts a week after that and maybe
one part a week toward the end.

ATTACHED IS A CHART OF THE INTRODUCTION AND PART 1.

You can log in to the conference call by dialing 269-320-8400 and entering
the access code 881373#

Dave Rebstock