[Springboard] Publication update on Jeanette Stanfield's book

Marilyn R Crocker marilyncrocker at juno.com
Mon Sep 28 12:33:24 CDT 2009

Dear Colleagues,

I wanted to give you a heads-up about Jeanette Stanfield’s book, Just
Checkin’ On Ya, soon to be available through ICA in Canada and Australia.

Having had the privilege of reading this memoir in advance, I would
highly commend it to you as a gem.  It powerfully chronicles her
experience as palliative caregiver to her beloved husband, Brian, during
his sacred journey of dying.

May I share with you excerpts from what others who have reviewed the book
have said:

With fearless honesty, Jeanette Stanfield details the journey of true
life partners in the precious last years of one partner’s life on Earth.
 Having lost my own husband only a year ago, I was touched by the stories
and reflections, which grace her pages.  Her words validated my own
experience of care giving, loss, and strange newness of life
  Patricia
Webb, Poet

Jeanette’s memoir is a testament to the painful, universal experience of
losing a loved one and is also a witness to the unexpected gift that
results in fully embracing human life, even through death. She poignantly
illustrates the classic stages of the grief process that both she and
Brian experienced -- from denial to acceptance -- albeit at very
different times, as is usually the case
Benjamin Crocker, Primary Care
Physician

The palliative caregiver's role is overwhelming and exhausting during the
walk with a loved one to Mystery's door.  The journey is also filled with
excitement and wonder.  Jeanette fully embraced her journey with her
husband and courageously describes the path for us through her book
.
Heidi Holmes, Palliative Care Nurse

In North America, you can order Jeanette’s book in advance through:
jstanfield at ica-associates.ca. .   In Australia, order from
justcheckinonya at optusnet.com.au.

Advance USA orders through Jeanette will be US$14.95 plus $7.35 for
postage (US$22.30)  For additional books make the postage $3 for each
book (US$17.95)  US checks need to be written to ICA Associates Inc. and
sent to Jeanette Stanfield, Apt 107, 757 Victoria Park Ave., Toronto, ON
M4C 5N8 Canada.    Books will soon be available from the ICA Associates
Inc. bookstore.

$5 from each book sold in Canada will go to the Brian Stanfield Memorial
Fund, which was set up to continue research and writing efforts in ICA
Canada.  Profits from book sold in Australia will go to the research and
human development efforts of ICA Australia.

With appreciation for all in our colleague network who continue to share
their wisdom and experience,

Marilyn

Marilyn R. Crocker, Ed.D
Crocker & Associates, Inc.