[Springboard] Publication update on Jeanette Stanfield's book

M. George Walters m.george.walters at verizon.net
Mon Sep 28 14:16:01 CDT 2009

Thanks Marilyn

With kindest regards.

M. George Walters

Resurgence Publishing Corporation

4240 Sandy Shores Dr

Lutz, FL 33558

USA

Tel: +1 (813) 948-7267

Fax: +1 (813) 333-1787

Mob: +1 (813) 505-9041

Professional Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/mgwalters

From: springboard-bounces at wedgeblade.net
[mailto:springboard-bounces at wedgeblade.net] On Behalf Of Marilyn R Crocker
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 1:33 PM
To: Dialogue at wedgeblade.net; OE at wedgeblade.net; springboard at wedgeblade.net
Subject: [Springboard] Publication update on Jeanette Stanfield's book

Dear Colleagues,

I wanted to give you a heads-up about Jeanette Stanfield's book, Just
Checkin' On Ya, soon to be available through ICA in Canada and Australia.

Having had the privilege of reading this memoir in advance, I would highly
commend it to you as a gem.  It powerfully chronicles her experience as
palliative caregiver to her beloved husband, Brian, during his sacred
journey of dying.

May I share with you excerpts from what others who have reviewed the book
have said:

With fearless honesty, Jeanette Stanfield details the journey of true life
partners in the precious last years of one partner's life on Earth.   Having
lost my own husband only a year ago, I was touched by the stories and
reflections, which grace her pages.  Her words validated my own experience
of care giving, loss, and strange newness of life.  Patricia Webb, Poet

Jeanette's memoir is a testament to the painful, universal experience of
losing a loved one and is also a witness to the unexpected gift that results
in fully embracing human life, even through death. She poignantly
illustrates the classic stages of the grief process that both she and Brian
experienced -- from denial to acceptance -- albeit at very different times,
as is usually the case.Benjamin Crocker, Primary Care Physician

The palliative caregiver's role is overwhelming and exhausting during the
walk with a loved one to Mystery's door.  The journey is also filled with
excitement and wonder.  Jeanette fully embraced her journey with her husband
and courageously describes the path for us through her book.. Heidi Holmes,
Palliative Care Nurse

In North America, you can order Jeanette's book in advance through:
jstanfield at ica-associates.ca. .   In Australia, order from
justcheckinonya at optusnet.com.au.

Advance USA orders through Jeanette will be US$14.95 plus $7.35 for postage
(US$22.30)  For additional books make the postage $3 for each book
(US$17.95)  US checks need to be written to ICA Associates Inc. and sent to
Jeanette Stanfield, Apt 107, 757 Victoria Park Ave., Toronto, ON  M4C 5N8
Canada.    Books will soon be available from the ICA Associates Inc.
bookstore.

$5 from each book sold in Canada will go to the Brian Stanfield Memorial
Fund, which was set up to continue research and writing efforts in ICA
Canada.  Profits from book sold in Australia will go to the research and
human development efforts of ICA Australia.

With appreciation for all in our colleague network who continue to share
their wisdom and experience,

Marilyn

Marilyn R. Crocker, Ed.D
Crocker & Associates, Inc.