[Springboard] Thinking about involving a lot of people in the May Global Archive Sojourn

David Dunn dmdunn1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 18:21:53 CDT 2010

Hello colleagues.

At various times and in varying ways I've said or written, "I have two passions” —

   1. wide participation in collecting and interpreting our common memory

   2. refreshing our resources and republishing them

The May archive sojourn in Chicago gives all of us an opportunity to work on both.

I'm working closely with Terry, Pam and Marge to facilitate the broadest possible participation—in Chicago and on the Internet. I'll be in Chicago from April 27 through May 29, embedded in the archive teams to 'tote the barge and lift the bail' as needed. My primary mission is making the event visible and interactive for our whole network.

I'll be posting photos and videos online daily. I'll help the people in Chicago and back home join me in blogging about our common memory, the work going on and reports and ideas from the field. I'm working with Marge to get the database of the archive collections online and visible. I'll be republishing selected resources as we work week-by-week.

Our weekly focus
1. Global Community Forum and Town Meeting ’76
2. New Religious Mode, spirit papers and social process triangles
3. Academy curriculum and core courses
4. Human Development Projects, the “Band of 24” and global replication.

Supporting this work financially
Many of us coming in to Chicago will need your help covering the out of pocket costs of our work—airfare, room and board. Terry Bergdall has offered the option of making contributions to ICA USA noting the participant to be credited or making a general contribution to the Archive Project. All of us coming hope that you can be generous. You can support any of us individually and directly. (I've got to raise about $1,250.)

The thumbnail images below connect to three documents:
1. an image of my work during the May sojourn, 2. a talking paper about participating in archive work, 3. [beneath 1 & 2] the latest participants, and 4. where I'm starting blogging.

Hope you can come. In lieu of being in Chicago, join us online. Stay tuned.

Grace and peace to all.

David

David Dunn
dmdunn1 at gmail.com

Creative direction and spiritual companioning

If you have any difficulty getting to the documents by clicking the thumbnail images above, paste these links in your browsers directly:

May maneuver image and talking paper: http://spiritjourneys.org/about/archive/

May focus timeline and participants: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31157419&op=1&o=global&view=global&subj=380378332617&id=1021391491