[Springboard] Ran across a letter in the New Yorker this morning . . .

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 4 09:43:37 CDT 2010

This seems to apply to ToP and to ICA as well . . .  The article was about a fellow who invented a lens printing machine that could cheaply produce eye glass lenses for the poor.  It has not been widely implemented.

Griffith’s lesson: The most brilliant invention
needs more than capital to succeed in overcoming cultural, institutional,
infrastructure, and other barriers. As researchers have long known, one cannot
change a complex system (such as our economic or social system) by changing
just one thing. A coördinated set of interventions by multiple parties is
required. Federal agencies need to work with local communities, private
corporations with foundations and universities, in order to achieve a common
goal. The new paradigm must go beyond task forces and other ad-hoc groups. The
new management paradigm must sustain efforts to tackle energy issues over years
and decades. In short, we must have sustainable management. Until we have
energy-efficient management processes, we will never have an energy-efficient
society.

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/letters/2010/06/07/100607mama_mail2#ixzz0ptZ4vzUv
 Jim

You can observe a lot by watching.  	Yogi Berra

Jim Wiegel
401 North Beverly Way, Tolleson, Arizona 85353-2401
+1  623-936-8671   +1  623-363-3277
jfwiegel at yahoo.com www.partnersinparticipation.com