[Springboard] Control dramas

Richard West rwestica at ms69.hinet.net
Tue Mar 30 19:42:57 CDT 2010

Excerpts from "The Seven Habits Of Highly
Dramatic People" , By Scott Kalechstein
ww.scottsongs.com

Do gratitude, contentment, and inner peace
sometimes creep up on you and undermine your
ability to indulge your anxiety?

Here's how to make sure you get your minimum
daily requirements of worry and chaos.

1.	Believe and act like your safety,
security, and happiness are dependent on people
and forces outside of you that you can't control.
2.	Try to control them.

For those of you who prefer to keep it complex,
here are seven habits to develop that will help
you go deeper into your practice and guarantee a
daily overdose of adrenaline. Allow me to be your
drama director as we shout out the traditional
opening words, "Lights! Camera!! RE-ACTION!!!

#1. Harness The Power Of Negative Thinking -
Everybody accentuates the negative on occasion.
What if I can't pay my bills? What if I lose my
house? What if I get sick? What if I'm alone for
life? What if I'm in this relationship for life?
But as your drama coach, I want to inspire you to
master 'The Secret' by focusing all of your
attention on the most negative possible outcomes
all of the time. When this discipline has been
achieved, you can relax into the certainty that
you will always find something to freak out about
in any situation, and fear will never abandon you
again.

#2. Be Busy Till You're Dizzy - Being too busy to
still your mind and take good care of your body
is essential on the path to drama-realization.
Temptation is everywhere these days - health food
stores, spas, gyms, yoga studios, meditation
classes, and it takes courage to maintain
abstinence while the whole world is stretching,
sweating, chanting, and going organic. Remember,
as our parents tried to warn us, engaging in
meditation can lead to blindness, losing sight of
all the things right in front of you to worry
about. So wake up every morning painfully early,
splash cold water on your face, brew up your
caffeine, and go, speed racer, go! Have you
answered all your emails? Who needs a shoulder to
lean on? Is there something on TV? Always make
sure your life and your mind are filled with
clutter and free of those annoying empty spaces
between your thoughts that can disturb your
absence of peace.

#3. Have A Swinging Good Time - In the 60's and
70's, a swinger was a person who relieved the
monotony of monogamy by attending a variety of
extra-curricular relationships. Would you like to
be able to create, at the snap your fingers, a
soap opera drenched in drama anytime you want?
All you need to do is to stuff your feelings till
you can't hold them in any longer, and then
explode without restraint or care for anyone,
especially the ones you care most about. As a
practice, try being 100% nice and sweet. Stretch
yourself to accommodate someone as much and as
long as you can, and then take the lid off and
let the steam out. There is nothing as satisfying
as having a good eruption after being good and
silent for a spell.

#4. Leave Your Inner Child Alone Without Parental
Guidance - When the child inside the adult gets
scared, some really juicy drama can happen, but
only if we withhold our compassion, re-assurance,
and loving boundaries. When we can resist such
self-help nonsense, our inner children will wreak
havoc trying to get those things from others,
usually through some very exciting acting out in
the drama department. When two or more people
abandon their inner children at the same time, oh
boy, that's when the fun begins. The adults have
left the vehicle, and you can guess who's in the
front seat, banging on the horn, flooding the
accelerator and yelling out the window. Yippee!

#5. Set Huge Goals, Maintain Unrealistic
Expectations -There is nothing more beneficial to
your lifestyle than the habit of reaching for the
stars, falling short of your lofty goals, and
feeling like a colossal failure. Taking big leaps
and falling flat on your face is paramount for
maintaining healthy low self-esteem, which is the
foundation of all good drama. Go for the
mountaintop, and don't look down at your feet on
your way. One step at a time is for people
satisfied with proceeding at a snail's pace,
always leaving behind a slime trail of serenity,
gentleness, balance, and other dismal downers
that drama kings and queens take royal pains to
avoid. You can do better than that!

#6. Judge Your Judgments - Every human being
judges, but only the ones who have learned the
art of judging their own judgments excel in
creating melodrama. Have you ever been known to
shame and blame yourself for feeling afraid and
stuck, telling yourself that there is something
really wrong with you for not moving forward?
Good! You are on the right track. Now, take your
next step. Judge your judgments! Tell yourself
that you should know better than to shame and
blame yourself. Heap truckloads of guilt on
yourself for stooping so low to the curb of
self-criticism, yet again. This will make you
quite an energetic downer that can't help but
suck energy from those around you.

#7. Get Grounded In The 3 B's...Blame, Blame, &
Blame! - Blaming yourself has already been
covered. But don't rest there. Blame everyone
else too. Life's not going the way you want?
Blame, blame, blame! Blame first, ask questions
and take responsibility later, if at all.
Appropriate targets are Mom and Dad, friends (if
you still have any), your mate (if they are still
around), big corporations, small minds, and, of
course, God. Self-responsibility can lead to
issues finding solutions, which flushes good
drama right down the drain. Instead, be generous
with the blame dispenser, letting it overflow on
everyone, uncontained, uncensored, unedited.
Blame, Blame, Blame!

Affirmations For Good Drama

•	Every day in every way I am stressing out
over everything, real or imagined.

•	Everything is working together to bring
the worst possible outcome to my doorstep.

•	Life is against me and I am doomed.

•	This, or something worse, is now
manifesting for the highest cost to all concerned.

•	I no longer have to work to create dramaŠ
it happens effortlessly and naturally, all around
me.

•	Whatever calamity I can conceive, I can achieve.

•	I have everything I need to manifest
everything I don't want, and all is hell in my
world.

½`ø›¶¤Scott Kalechstein
--
Richard West        ICA Taiwan