[Springboard] Dharmalingam Vinasithamby-Wife's Death from Facebook

Paula Philbrook paula.philbrook at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 22:17:47 CDT 2010

My wife's death
by Dharmalingam Vinasithamby on Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 6:37pm

Dear relatives and friends,
 Thank you all for the words of support following the death of my wife
Ummadevi Balasingam on 4/10/10.  Although the anguish of losing her is not
lessened, knowing that others share our sorrow has helped us face it with
more composure.
 We held a night-long vigil over Uma's body at our home in Serene Park,
Johor Bahru, followed by the funeral rites the next morning (5/10/10). She
was cremated at the Hindu Crematorium in Jalan Kebun Teh by around 1 pm. The
following day, we collected her ashes and scattered them in the Johore
Straits.
 Relatives from both sides of our family and friends came from all over
Malaysia and Singapore came for the funeral. We were also touched by the
presence of others - the staff and students of Sri Uttama school, where Uma
taught, members of our local residents association and neighbours in Serene
Park.
We are holding nightly prayers for the safe journey of Uma's soul and shall
conclude them after 31 days with the Andhrati rite at our home on Nov 3.
 Please excuse me for not replying your emails individually but I do
appreciate the support that you have shown.
 Dharmalingam

dvinasithamby at yahoo.com

This is the email listed on facebook for Dharmalingam.

--
Paula

*Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough,
and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to
clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger
into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today,
and creates a vision for tomorrow*.
*Melody* Beattie