[Springboard] Fwd: Springboard Listserv

Jack Gilles icabombay at igc.org
Wed Apr 13 15:00:21 CDT 2011

Dear Colleagues,

You'll see by the note below from Tim Wegner to Gordon Harper and Gordon's reply on the question of continuing this list serve.  I don't want to make the decision alone as it has been for all of us and I think we need to see what the consensus is among us.  Here is my reply to Gordon's email.

Gordon,

The Springboard list serve was set up after our initial Denver meeting some years ago to serve not only those present, but all who agreed with the premise that we saw ourselves as a continuation of our individual decisions to be the Order.  That was not about the continuation of the form of The Order Ecumenical, but rather our decision to be the Order regardless of there being a form or not.  It was also a recognition that many other people had made a similar life decision, but did not have a body to join, just a life commitment to be of service to Those Who Care.  I knew of several people in India who fit that description who had never encountered the OE (except through my and Judy's lives), and I added them to the list.

The second reality was that we knew from past experience that although there is a list serve called "Order Ecumenical" for those who once were in the Order, not everyone who is on that list serve still considers themselves to still be "the Order" and are not interested in the things we were discussing on the Springboard list and what we were meeting about.  So we didn't want to impose our work and thinking on that list serve.

Now it is true that we haven't met for a couple of years and much of the work we talked about is still to be done.  But there is work going on, papers being written and books being published (Resurgence Publishing was an idea that came from a Springboard meeting in Texas).  There are now new sites and new technologies for our discussions that we didn't have in years past.  One of these is Michael May's <www.Strorywarrior.net> which has some great stuff on it.

Tim mentions the $48 fee for maintaining the list serve and I would be glad to pick that up, no problem.  My personal choice is to keep it a while longer and see if it can serve us as we continue to explore the role and function of a diaspora Order.  But if you feel it no longer serves our need then we can close it up.

Regards,

Jack

Begin forwarded message: