[DIALOGUE] Democratic mandates

Lucille Chagnon chagnon at comcast.net
Sun Aug 1 17:35:01 EDT 2004

Dear Ken,

   I hear what you're saying, but I believe that we cannot run the risk of
another four years with Bush, Cheney, Ashcroft, Wolfowitz and their
corporate feeders dragging us willy nilly into a prolongation of what has
been compared, very correctly I believe, to what Goering, Hitler, and the
likes of Krupp and Bayer did to Europe.
   Yes, let's sign up.  I love what Darrell and Moonine Walker (greetings,
old Philly friends) are doing in California.
   However, I am equally grateful for everything that Doris Hahn sent today
and in the past.  I don't want her and others to stop.  Bonhoeffer didn't
have the internet.  We do.  And... the most incredible colleagues, not just
in our back yard but around the globe.
   This is the most important DIALOGUE we can engage in between now and the
first Tuesday of November.  The next four years hinge on it, not only in the
US, but worldwide, planet-wide.     To paraphrase Rabbi Hillel:  If not us,
who?  If not this, what?  If not now, when?

With fond regards to you and Ruth over the miles and years,
Lucille Chagnon
Wilmington, DE