[Dialogue] In Praise of Unruly Women

Adelbert Batica abatica at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 2 16:28:23 EDT 2004

   I  like Teresa a lot, and as soon as she switched to Spanish, Italian,
   French,  and Portuguese my excitement level really went up.  Maybe she
   should have delivered at least a quarter of her speech in Spanish, but
   I  guess  she  doesn't believe in overkill, besides there's time to do
   all  that  in  Florida,  New  Mexico, Arizona, California, and in many
   predominantly  Latino communities all over the country (including Lake
   Street in Minneapolis and the West Side of St. Paul, Minnesota).

   Too  bad  the Democrats didn't invite Arianna Huffington to speak, but
   if  many  were  getting  nervous  about  Rev.  Al  Sharpton's  speech,
   certainly  they  would  have  had  major panic if Arianna "politically
   incorrect"  Huffington had addressed the convention.   Truly a "missed
   opportunity",  but  then  in politics everybody seems to be playing it
   safe.  Well, I'm still voting Democratic - again.

   Addi

   in  St. Paul, Minnesota - where it's nice and sunny and the Democratic
   mayor just made an announcement that he'll be campaigning for Bushie.