[Dialogue] A proposal for corporate research and writing

jameswiegel@mindspring.com jameswiegel at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 17 11:25:41 EDT 2004

This is great work.  Karen Armstrong's book on the battle for God also deal with the history of fundamentalism.  I think this has to be held over against Ken Wilber's work on levels of consciousness particularly as he has aligned himself with the Values project in Texas that brings this into the social realm.  The "lower" levels of consciousness do not go away as you move to higher levels of consciousness.  Wilber describes as the spirit malaise of our time "boomeritis" -- the belief that if only everyone could move to the higher levels of consciousness we have developed, all would be fine and not seeing that what is going on is the integration of multi levels of consciousness including the deep emotional and mythological where, if there is uncertainty and confusion it produces drift and an inability for depth and at the same time, more existential consciousness where the acknowledgement of uncertainty is central.  His point is they are different levels of consciousness needing different requirements to be fulfilled

Jim Wiegel