[Dialogue] Fw: Politics in perspective

KarenBueno@aol.com KarenBueno at aol.com
Mon Aug 23 16:27:10 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/23/2004 8:49:16 AM Mountain Standard Time,
sunwalker at igc.org writes:
modern humankind is characterized by the loss of the ability to answer the
principal problems of life and death
I'm reminded of "All is vanity..."  Solz (however you spell it) seems to have
his tongue in his cheek, and be laughing at our being overly concerned with
politics.  I thought he was making a bit of a joke!  We cannot get to the
bottom of the mystery and the depths of life, so we distract ourselves by becoming
overheated about politics, or sports, or shopping, or whatever.  I thought his
quote had more to do with and observation about the human condition than to
tell us not to become involved in politics.

Karen Bueno