[Dialogue] songs 'missing in action'

Janice Ulangca aulangca at stny.rr.com
Mon Nov 12 20:07:43 EST 2007

Here you are, David.
Janice Ulangca

I DON'T KNOW WHY

I don't know why I love you like I do,

I don't know why, I just do,

I don't know why you thrill me like you do,

I don't know why, you just do.

You never seem to want my romancing,

The only time you hold me is when we're dancing,

I don't know why I love you like I do,

I don't know why, I just do.

NO SE PORQUE

No se porque te quiero yo a ti,
No se porque, solo se.
No se porque me encantas todo el ser,
No se porque, solo se.

Y no te gusta a ti el romance.
Estoy solo en tus brazos cuando bailamos,
No se porque te quiero yo a ti,
No se porque, solo se.

(Spanish translation of "I Don't Know Why")

----------------------------
TAKE ME INTO THE FUTURE

(Tune: Take Me Out to the Ball Game)

Take me into the future,

Help me learn from the past,

Make me to see all the needs of the

world,

Help me give of myself to the task.

Now let's care and share in the future

Common good for the earth.

Let us move, now, charge without fear

Towards a whole new world.

Adapted from the Green Bay, Wisconsin

Town Meeting song, written May 10, 1975

------------------------

NEVER GONNA HAVE THAT CHANCE AGAIN

Tune:  Hello Dolly

We were a searching people

And a zestful people

And we came from many lands across the sea.

We were merchants and farmers,

We were slaves and charmers

And we dared to face the struggle individually.

But we got up one morning,

Saw a new world dawning

After night and "I" were left there all alone.

He saw his brother, and

She saw her sister, and

We saw the oneness of us all.

And now we move forward

To that unknown future

Which depends on what we all decide to do.

We have our hopes ready

And our task waiting

And it's our responsibility to bring it through.

And this calls forth courage

To accept challenge

And produce a revolutionary way.

So stand up and be counted,

The world's on your shoulder,

Never gonna have that chance again,

Never gonna have that chance again,

Never gonna have that chance agin,

O.K.!

Written at the Philadelphia, PA Town Meeting in 1974.

This was the first in the nation of the U.S. Bicentennial

Town Meetings '76 that were held throughout the country,

at least one in every county, by the end of 1976.

David:  I think the info in the 2nd line just above is correct.

I do know for sure it was written at the Philadelphia TM.  I was there, but did not help write the song.  And I think it was the ceremonial kickoff for the TM campaign.  We met in historic buildings in Philadelphia.  Photos from this TM were used in the glossy colored TM workbook that was published later and used throughout the TM campaign.

Janice