[Dialogue] Richard Dawkins

KarenBueno at aol.com KarenBueno at aol.com
Fri Nov 16 13:55:30 EST 2007

For those of you who are interested in the Spong letters, I found this
paragraph in his Five Fundamentals conclusion:

"So deeply has "theism" captured the definition of God that the word
"atheist," which literally means one who does not believe in a theistic God, has come
to mean one who does not believe in any God at all. Nothing could be further
from the truth. Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchen and Sam Harris do not
understand that distinction. That is certainly not my {Spong's} situation."

I {Karen} have studied Richard Dawkins book, The God Delusion, and he admits
in an early chapter that God as defined by Albert Einstein is a God we can all
understand.

Karen Bueno