[Dialogue] Carbon war room

facilitationfla at aol.com facilitationfla at aol.com
Sat Dec 11 15:01:23 CST 2010

Thank you so much, Jeanette
Cynthia Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeanette Stanfield <jstanfield at ica-associates.ca>
To: Order Ecumenical Community <oe at wedgeblade.net>; Colleague Dialogue <dialogue at wedgeblade.net>
Sent: Fri, Dec 10, 2010 1:16 pm
Subject: [Dialogue] Carbon war room

Dear Colleagues,

Richard Branson is into another major project this time -a carbon war room- a global think tank, and action centre for testing solutions to
creating a low carbon society.  The website is  www.carbonwarroom.com/

There is an actual place in Washington DC where coordination of efforts are happening.

This is the introduction to the website:   Our global industrial and energy systems are built on carbon-based technologies and unsustainable resource demands that threaten to destroy our society and our planet. Massive loss of wealth, expanding poverty and suffering, disastrous climate change, water scarcity, and deforestation are the end results of this broken system.
This business-as-usual system represents the greatest threat to the security and prosperity of humanity – a threat that transcends race, ethnicity, national borders, and ideology.
Systems do not change themselves – the same stale, business-as-usual thinking that has driven us to our current state of emergency will continue to endanger our safety, our livelihoods, and our planet. We need new thinking, new leadership, and innovation to create a post-carbon economy. Our goal is not to undo industry, but to remake it into a force for sustainable wealth generation.
Governments and traditional non-profits do vital work, and their efforts to change global opinion and policy is essential in this fight. However, awareness and policy reform are not enough. It is time to reinvent our economic systems – It is time to act – It is time to implement solutions. We can no longer afford to be intimidated by the scope and magnitude of the climate crisis. It is essential that our most talented and driven individuals come together to win this war.
A Happy Christmas to everyone,

Jeanette

Dialogue at wedgeblade.net