[Dialogue] Early days

nancy nangrow at verizon.net
Sun Dec 12 19:59:38 CST 2010

Do you remember what the USA was like in the early '60's?  There were race riots everywhere, including Fifth City, and more deaths and protests between the restless Black and the self-satisfied white than many of us remember. As a clergy couple in New England, it seemed we had to preach about it, or join the prrotest marches that people like Bishop Jim Mathews were leading, or do something else that would determine that our children would not be forced to live in such a blatantly racist society.  That's why we joined the Order -- from my perspective.
    Nan Grow