[Oe List ...] FW: God, the atheist and the bear

Del Morrill delmorrill at hypnocenter.com
Mon May 21 19:54:17 EDT 2007

An atheist was taking a walk through the woods."What majestic trees! What
powerful  rivers! What beautiful animals!" he said to himself. As he
continued walking  alongside the river he heard a rustling in the bushes.
Turning to look, he saw a  7 foot grizzly charging towards him.
He ran as fast as he could up the path.  Looking over his shoulder he saw
that
the bear was closing in on him. His heart  was pumping frantically and he
tried
to run even faster. He tripped and fell on  the ground. He rolled over to
pick himself up but saw the bear raising his paw  to take a swipe at him. At
that instant the atheist cried out: " Oh my God...!"

Time stopped. The bear froze. The  forest was silent.
It was then that a bright light  shone upon the man
and a Voice came out of the sky saying: "You deny my existence for all of
these years,  teach others I don't exist , and even credit creation to a
'cosmic
accident.' Do you expect me to help you out  of this predicament? Am I to
count you as a believer?! ?"

The atheist looked directly into  the light and
said: " It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me
as a Christian now,  but  , perhaps, you could make the BEAR a Christian ?"

" Very well,"  said the Voice.

The light went out, and the sounds of the forest resumed.  And then the bear
lowered his paw,  bowed his head and spoke:

" Lord, bless this food which I am about to receive
and for which I  am truly thankful . Amen. "