[Oe List ...] Update

Al Lingo clingojr at aol.com
Thu Nov 4 09:25:17 CDT 2010

 Dear Sandra and Bob,

Well, it seems that you are now enduring a difficult patch of road, together.  What a deepening of your understanding and love of each other must be taking place now as you journey with this illness.  And what a history of suffering with disease we have all witnessed together among our friends, families, and colleagues.

Mindfulness of each other is taking the form of being present to each other, not so much in some past heroic tasks, but more in the empathy of awareness of shared personal health difficulties.  And as difficult as I am learning that your situation now is, through all your pain, I am seeing that you are witnessing to the good coming home to you in spite of hospitalization distress and  occasional despair.

Character is coming to the fore:  you both are owning the value of confidence in facing with others the painfulness of limited life.
Integrity is manifesting as you both make the difficult decisions to boldly respond to the task and consequences of this healing.
Compassion becomes you as you offer yourselves to receiving the hidden, deeper goodness on this path toward well being.
These qualities of leadership you share with Ann St. John, Marie Sharp, Kay Lush, Kay Townley, Lynda Cock, Ladonna Wagner, Dawn Collins, and so many others, including some of the guys, who are also still on our common spiritual trek.

Sandra,  I will be traveling today to Lexington KY to continue to do what I do: share something on this weekend of the practice of mindfulness and psychosynthesis, helping people to learn how to forgive and to love,.  Present in that workshop will be one Masami Matsuyuki, who is finishing a PhD on forgiveness, and who enjoyed being with you a few years ago in Manhattan.  She will be joined in our study near the University of Kentucky by her husband, Jim Robertson.  You will remember on the occasion of another workshop, that Masami, on a Saturday evening way back then in NYC wept and wept and wept as you and I laughed and laughed and laughed listening to Garrison Kellior on the Prairie Home Companion.  And then on Sunday afternoon we all experienced  the benefits of Rieki in your home.

I am so grateful to both you and Bob, for making that total experience possible, and in all that snow.  Such good energy you both shared!  I will make those of us learning how to heal in Kentucky on this weekend to be aware of your powerful and intentional march to be well.

Much love to you both,
Charles