[Oe List ...] Obama's First Year

Karen Snyder snyder at consultmillennia.com
Fri Nov 5 14:52:10 CDT 2010

For a good reflection on the first year of Obama's presidency read:  The Promise:  President Obama:  Year One by Jonathan Alter (author of FDR's Hundred Days and the Triumph of Hope).  According to the author, Obama made 500 campaign promises of which he completed or started 400 of them (approximately 114 completed and 284 started).  I found the book illuminating re the issues that were addressed, the 'why' of the way they were addressed and the accomplishments/let downs that followed.

My promise in the next 24 months is that we (the readers of this email - and our nation as a whole) find a way to have a more civil dialogue about the changes that have been made and approaches to the changes needed for the next round of voting for leaders to take us beyond November 2012.

Peace,

Karen Snyder Troxel